Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day 26: My Husband


Husbands are interesting creatures, and mine for sure fits into that category. I met my husband at a Missouri Southern football game, and football has been a part of our lives ever since. I mean our dog's name is Oakland for crying out loud. Football is something we share, but we do not always see eye to eye on everything.

Jason and I are complete opposites on some things and so common in other ways. As for the extreme differences, the biggest one is I am extroverted, and he is introverted. This has really challenged my thinking, and to be honest, Facebook, of all things, has helped. Maybe you have seen those posts that explain how an introvert feels such as when they are with people it drains them, and that sometimes, they come across cross, rude, or uninterested. This makes a lot of sense to me with Jason because other people even in college thought he was no fun because of his facial expression or demeanor, yet when you talk to him, he is not like that at all. He is just better in small groups. Moreover, when we hang out with a group of people or meet new people, I thrive, and he asks a bazillion questions first and needs to go home early. He can get excited just like anyone else, but is takes a while to build that up with him. Many times it is hard to tell what he is thinking, and asking repeatedly is not the best method. Jason will basically tell you what he thinks when he wants to, which can be viewed good or bad. While I show every emotion all the time and will tell you what I am thinking as soon as you hint that I might need to, so we are just very different in our communication styles as well.

Other differences usually tie to how we were brought up, so that affects how we make decisions. For example, in his family, children are not the center of attention, but in my family, they are. My entire family is in the business of education, so understanding his work has been something I have to ask questions about to gain more information. Lastly, we even argue differently, which makes for an interesting discussion.

The good news is when it comes down to the necessities in life, though, we agree on God, our children, and our house. I believe over the years we have changed each other a little bit to agree more and more on these topics. The benefits of having some of the same tastes include sharing common likes in food, music, and activities (such as game playing on the weekends). Despite the differences, I do enjoy my life with Jason, and I look forward to see how we will change over the years growing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment