Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day 28: Childhood Playtime


After peeking at the topic for today, I would like to share random friendship stories with you today.

Thinking back to some of my childhood friends, I had some interesting things I played with my friends.

When I was really young, I played with my neighbor's grandchildren. They ran a vet office downstairs, and their house was upstairs. The Mayes family had 3 children, but Jessica was much older. I played with Veronica, who was one year older, and Danny, who was one year younger. I played He-man and She-ra with Danny. We played on the back porch, and I was always riding the tiger around and drawing my sword.

In second grade, I had a friend named Trish, and we played in the ditch at school. There were holes in the dirt, and we imagined that these tiny people lived inside the holes. In addition, we believed that rocks could talk and had feelings as well. I have no idea where this came from, but it explains my daughter Paisley's imagination a bit more.

In third grade, I sat on the hill with my friend Traci, and we hung out with boys and listened to the Dirty Dancing cassette tape. No, I had never seen the movie, but I loved the songs. I even performed "Hungry Eyes" at her birthday party that year to the parents and kids. Her birthday party was at a hotel, and we swam, had pizza, and stayed up late. So fun!

In fourth grade, I moved to Welch, and I became good friends with a church and school friend named Amy. I loved Amy's house because she had a playhouse in her backyard. We would play for hours in there from playing school to playing house. When she was in town, we played house at her grandma's house, and we also rode bikes. We were able to ride several blocks, which is half of our town.

Thinking about all of these memories, I played outside and used my imagination most of the time. I was not a huge doll fan, but I did play games with my dad like cards and dominos. I have always loved TV shows, but I never owned a game system. I also read a lot of books, but I did that in the car mostly. Dwelling on these few memories makes me smile. I can conclude that I still would rather use my imagination and go play outside if the temperature is right more than anything else.

I have had lots of friends in my lifetime, and I have made great memories with so many of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment